Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Memories :: Change

Ok, I realize this may be a sort of strange thing to blog about or maybe it's cliche because I'm a girl who loves to shop, but I'm going to do it anyway!! I understand that lots of things change over time and in most cases we don't have much control over it.  The Norwichtown Mall is sort of like that.  It's been undergoing a lot of changes lately, and for me, as silly as it sounds, I have a lot of memories there.  Especially this time of year, I remember going to Caldor and the parking lot was packed!! And let's face it, the mall was THE place to go to see Santa and the Easter Bunny every year.  There was a pet store in the back with cute puppies across from the arcade, and Suburban always had the prettiest Christmas village set up in their store windows every year.  There was a jewelry store called Dazzle (sort of like a Claire's that we have today), I got my ears pierced there when I was 9, it was a Christmas present that year, I was so excited!!  And coolest thing was the round candy store in the middle of the mall, I remember getting orange slices there once in a while, but when it was closed there was a cover that went around it to make it look like a carousel.
I know, I know!! I told you, a little silly to think about, but those are some of the little things I remember growing up.  Recently the city of Norwich decided to update the space since there really wasn't much there any more.  It's been interesting to watch the transformation when I go grocery shopping every week.  I've been taking a couple quick pictures every week or two since July tracking the change:
July 18, 2012:

August 15, 2012:


August 29, 2012:

September 6, 2012:




September 12, 2012: 

September 19, 2012:


September 26, 2012:

October 3, 2012:



October 10, 2012:

October 17, 2012:

October 21, 2012:
(Back Side Of The Mall)
October 31, 2012:

November 7, 2012:
It's sure changing fast!! Don't know when it's supposed to open again or even what stores are going in, but it'll be interesting to see what it looks like in the end and what new memories I can make here when it's all done :)
Cheers :)

1 comment:

  1. Plus there was Bee Bee Dairy after exams...and the bank used to be there, when I cashed my first paycheck...got eyeglasses there for years...not a fan of change...guess we'll see where it goes.

    ReplyDelete