Sunday, February 10, 2013

NEMO ~ {Found}

For the past few days Connecticut and some of the surrounding states have been shoveling out from under about 2 feet of snow!! Blizzard Nemo found us!! We got nailed with a couple feet about 2 years ago, but most people around here are comparing this storm to the blizzard of 1978.  I wasn't around so I can't compare, but this is how I saw the blizzard of 2013:
 It started snowing around 8am, and I'm me so I felt the need to go out in the storm before it got too bad.  The ground was just getting coated and it was actually nice out!!








Mid day was plowing run #1 and you could still see the yard

 
Around 7pm I went out with Dad to do clean up #2, the town was out trying to keep up with the mess too but the snow was already starting to pile up

 
I looked like I had a snowball in my hair when I came in
 
Saturday was the big clean up!! 
Friday night I had shoveled a path on the lower deck to the sliding door
By Saturday morning you couldn't tell
I didn't bother cleaning it again . . .
 
I had a few paths to clear
And had a little fun while I was at it
 
While I was clearing paths on the deck I decided I wanted a pile of snow higher then the banister
So I made one  :)

Yup I made a 7 foot pile of snow, what did you do Saturday?
 
Dad wanted the flat roof cleared off too.  There was a good 3 feet of snow up there and it was heavy!!
 
Of course when I pushed it off some of it landed in the path I had just cleared . . .
Didn't think that one through . . .
 
Ah well!!  It's been an interesting couple of days.  We've moved a LOT of snow!!
I think it's funny that you can't tell where the yard ends,
 the road is, and the lot next door begins

Guess the lighthouse won't be helping anyone for a day or two



 
Well, that was Nemo!!  Luckily we didn't loose power and I had a productive couple of days at home, did some cleaning and baking, we even had time for a little sugar-on-snow experiment. 
Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment