Friday, April 4, 2014

Beautiful Day For A Hike

Spring is finally here, so outside is where I'll be!!
With all the rain we had over the weekend i figured the falls on the Ayer's Gap trail would be running nicely.  When my hiking friends couldn't make it last minute I decided to head out anyway since it's all I really wanted to do today and this way I wouldn't make everyone else crazy taking so long taking pictures. 
Off I went up the gap and along the trail I stumbled upon something unexpected.  It would seem I have a strange talent for finding things when I'm hiking this trail.  In March of 2012 while I was shooting at the look out I found a box.  Of course curiosity got the best of me so I opened it to discover it was one of those sharing boxes.  Hikers come and date a book and trade out the random items in the box.
Well today I looked for the box on the look out but couldn't find it.  Instead I found something else along the path.
See it?
There it is, tucked into a tree, a letter box.  I remember doing these things with my family years ago.  There's a stamp and some random things, and you sign and date the little book inside.  It was quite the unexpected find, but a pleasant detour.


It really was a perfect day for a hike.  About 40 degrees, sunshine, a nice breeze, and the quiet woods :) You never know what you'll see.
Like the faces in the trees.  I loved these :)













The downpour from a few days ago made for some nice shots at the falls



But it did turn the second half of the trail into a river . . . 
Yes, that's the walking path . . . Oh well, it kept things interesting.






Excited for spring and getting out shooting more!!
Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment