Monday, December 29, 2014

My 2014

I really can't believe it's time to do another year end post! I know it sounds cliche and all but seriously! Where did the year go?!  Well here's how I saw 2014:

Goals:

Maybe 2 years ago, at the beginning of the year, I started writing down a few things that I really wanted to try to do over the course of the following year.  Life happens and years just seem to go faster and faster so maybe I don't get to everything but I try. I managed 5 out of the 7 things on the list this year (guess we'll have to see if Niagara Falls and the Empire State Building are in the cards for 2015).  Doing things like going to the beach and even going ice skating may seem like easy things to check off, but I don't get out to the beach that often and I don't remember the last time I went skating.  Well, somehow I made it happen, and even better, got to share it with good friends :)

On top of my list this year was the Bronx Zoo.  I had never been before and my Aunt and I had been talking about going for a couple years now.  I figured the only way to make it happen was to pick a date and just go . . . So that's what we did!  Could not have asked for a better day!










Bucket List:



We all have goals for the year and we all have our bucket list. Before I even knew what a bucket list was I wanted to go swim with dolphins, and it's been at the top of my wish list practically my whole life.  Well 2014 made a life long dream come true for me :) A weekend if Florida making stops in Disney World and Sea World is enough to spoil me, but I got to spend a day at Discovery Cove, which is really just  a little bit of paradise . . .  Beaches and palm trees, tropical birds, snorkeling with sting rays . . .  a day of relaxation, what more could I ask for? Oh yeah! The dolphins! In small groups we got to meet a dolphin, pet and feed it, and even get towed to shore.  It was such a wonderful unforgettable experience!!

 Family:
My wonderful family has grown again this year!! In 2013 I became an Auntie for the first time and I have been loving every minute of it!! This year we welcomed another beautiful bundle of joy, my second niece, Leah! 

Vermont:
Most years we make a trip North to Vermont to visit family.  I look forward to it, love to see my family and I love the scenery.  This summer we made it up for a weekend and enjoyed a day at Jay Peek as well as some time hanging out enjoying each other's company at my uncle's cabin.










A few of us made another quick trip up recently to visit with the family, and my sister and I tried to spread a little seasonal joy . . . 

Gym:


The gym!  Anyone who knows me knows the gym is a major part of my life.  This year may not have been as exciting as last year, not much is more exciting then moving into our brand new forever home, but the gym saw it's fair share of changes this year.  Between staff changes and visiting athletes, the gym always keeps me on my toes, but through it all I am so very grateful for my wonderful gym family! I've said it so many times and I'll say it again, I am so very blessed to work with such a wonderful group of coaches who I can consider friends.  I've got my crazy kiddos who can always put a smile on my face. And I've met so many wonderful people along the way. Like this year we were fortunate to have David and Vasili in the gym for a short time.  They were so supportive of us and our kids while they were with us and we continue to cheer them on!

Races:
Ok, we all know running is not my thing.  Somehow my wonderful friends managed to talk me into running not just 1, but 2 obstacle races this year.  I ran, and survived, a Spartan Sprint and a Rugged Maniac race.  Now that is something I never ever thought I would do, but now when I wear my Finisher shirts, there's a certain sense of pride and accomplishment that goes along with it.




















2014:
Ok. Those were some of the big things that went on this year, here's the rest of it:
















Here's to another wonderful year in 2015!!
Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment