Wednesday, July 31, 2013

VT . . . PA

I may have had a crazy few days traveling but I had such a great time and got to make a lot of memories!!
My travels started with a trip north to visit family in Vermont :)  I love it up there!! Something about the mountains and the quaint little shops . . . or maybe because I have nothing but good memories up there.  Whatever it is, I was really looking forward to going, even though I had to make the hike north alone.  
By the time I arrived, the rest of the family was winding down a little but we still had time for cards and a few laughs before calling it a night.  We were all cozy in the cabin . . . together :)
We packed a lot into the one day I was up there!!  We started off doing some furniture shopping at my uncle's store.  We always head over to look around when we're in VT.  I can remember winding through the maze of the store as a kid, trying to find every single room, and make sure I checked out every little cranny . . . then the real trick was trying to round up the rest of the family!!  All these years later I still love it!! You never know what you're going to find at Buck's  :)

Back at the house we were preparing for a fondue dinner!! In the past we've gone up to Canada to an amazing fondue restaurant, but this year we decided to do fondue Buck/Jewett/Michaud/Morneault style :)

 Everything was delicious!! Brian and John tried to take care of the leftovers . . . they gave it their best effort
And then there's what I was able to capture over the rest of the day:
I think my brother thought he was funny . . . ?
At my sister's request I can't post the cute pictures of my niece so this will have to do
We were finally able to celebrate Kim's birthday!!
Floyd :)
Our very intense game of Mexican "Monkey" Train Dominos

And I even caught one of the humming birds that was flying around the garden
It was a short but sweet trip!!  As always it was a blast!!  I drove straight from Vermont to the gym, went home, unpacked, re-packed, and headed off to Pennsylvania the next morning!!  PA was another very quick, but fun trip.  3 of our team boys were attending the Penn State gymnastics camp, and I tagged along with Sue to drop them off.  I'm sure most 12-13 year old boys are a little crazy . . . well, maybe entertaining would be a better word?  With these 3 there was never a dull moment!!
Yes that would be Chandler under the blanket in the back . . . 
 "Comfy Kev?"
 Our hotel was right next to the university so we took a walk to figure out where we would have to go the next day . . . 
  . . . we found it . . .
 . . . and the boys made some friends along the way . . . 
 Did I mention it was gymnastics camp?
 "How many miles is it?" The boys kept our hike interesting by riding imaginary horses ( think Montey Python), and danced around in a field with fireflies (it was very The Sound Of Music)
The next day we got the boys signed in, settled in, and after lunch and a stop at the campus creamery we were off again for CT!!  It was just the 2 of us coming back but I think we managed to make the ride home more entertaining then the ride there :) It's simply what happens when you put 2 tired friends in a car for 6+ hours and caffeinate them :) :)

 Took the NYC route home.
Just felt like changing up the scenery :)
The boys had a great few days at camp, and life is back to normal . . . or as normal as things get around here . . . for a week or two anyway!!  Off to the next adventure!!
Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment