Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Big E!

Almost everyone I know who's from New England has heard of the Big E, and when I tell people I was born and raised in CT and never been, they look at me in disbelief!  Well, yesterday I finally made the trip and got to see what this giant fair is all about  :) 
So when we got there the giant ferris wheel and the Midway sign were the first thing I saw, and as all the vendors began to wake up and the shops and food stands came to life I really wish the delicious smells could be bottled up and saved!!
We made our way over to the state houses and since it wasn't too busy, Jake took my handstand picture in front of the Connecticut building!!  And the first thing we had to go do was get and Frankie's Hotdog at Karen's request.  Again, lived in CT my whole life and never heard of a Frankie's Hotdog!  I wasn't hungry at the time so didn't get one personally but everyone said they were great  :) 
We took a walk through some of the buildings to see some of the animals and vendors.  I love the clydesdales!! 
Now I'm going to give everyone a moment to take in the amazingness of what is in this next picture:
I want one!! 'nough said  :)

Ok, so I wanted to get a cute cowboy hat while I was there, and it was quite an ordeal finding the place in the afternoon, but we did and the guys at the booth were so nice and helpful, the hat I picked out wasn't quite my size, but if I went up to the next size it was too big, so they actually steamed it then put it on a form to stretch it, pretty cool!  Anyway, here it is, thanks again to Jake for being my photographer  :)
We went to one of the horse shows, got to see a stunt lady, saw the parade they put on, and we finished off the day at the circus  :)
It was a lot of fun, glad I had the opportunity to finally go  :)
If you want to see a couple more pictures from the day click on the link!!
Cheers  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment