Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkins At The Zoo

Ok, so it's been forever since I've been able to go to the zoo and now I get to go twice in about a months time!!  The only difference was that tonight when I went I didn't get to see any animals.  Instead I went on the pumpkin trail.  There were hundreds of carved pumpkins, some were your usual jack-o-lanterns and there were others that were so intricate and really quite amazing!!  I was able to get some good shots but none really captured just how many pumpkins there are so I would recommend going and checking it out if you get the chance, it's going on until Halloween!!  But in case you can't make it to see it yourself here's a few of the pictures, click on the link at the end to see the rest  :)

 The first part of the walk the theme was fairy tales and then it was a walk around the world, to the pumpkins were carved showing different land marks and people from around the world
 Love Da Vinci and his Vitruvian Man is one of my favorites so this was one of my favorite ones  (plus it was part of the Italian section)
 I will get to go there someday!!   :)
 Christmas is coming!!  It was even snowing in this North Pole area  :)
 Can't wait to go back!!
 Had to take a picture of this one, they had a section towards the end carved with all sorts of current icons including angry birds, sponge bob, and Justin Bieber
 You really have to go to see this part!!  It's really amazing the size and number of pumpkins in the end section, they were really cool!!
Like I said check it out if you can, totally worth it!!


Cheers  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hey Dee ... let me know when this is active next year. I want to come down and see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It starts early October and runs through Halloween at Roger William's Zoo in Providence RI. I'll keep an eye out next year, It was a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete