Monday, October 17, 2011

Vermont!!

I guess I'm a little spoiled in that almost every year I get to go up to Vermont to visit family and just enjoy the mountains and trees and the beautiful sights.  This year has been flying by and I was a littled bummed that I hadn't been able to make the trip yet this year and with competitive season coming up at the gym, it wasn't looking like I was going to be able to make it  :(  But I got really lucky!!  I got in late after going to see the pumpkins at the zoo and discovered my parents were headed up to VT early the next morning and invited me to tag along!!  So with camera in tow, I was off to one of my favorite places!!


On the way we stopped by the Bridge of Flowers in Shelburne MA.  I had never been before and it was really pretty.  There were quite a few flowers still in bloom and their colors were so vibrant!
 Across from where the bridge is we could see a waterfall of some sort so we went to investigate and found it was a glacial pot hole.  If you want to see something really surreal, jump on Youtube and look up these sights during hurricane Irene.  I couldn't believe it was the same place!! The water was up to the underside of the bridge and over at the pot hole, water was spashing up on the walkway where I was standing to take pictures!! 


Next stop was Vermont!!  We stopped in Brattleboro at the visitors center which we stop at almost every year when we head north.  It was so nice to stop and kick back and relax . . . ahh, I love it up there!!
But we didn't stop for long, next stop was the Quechee Gorge.  Again another fun place I had never been.  There were trails to hike around the gorge but parts were closed because of the flooding that occured after Irene (again check out Youtube it's unreal!!)
We walked parts of the trail that were opened, we went down by the dam and then went up on the bridge to get a great view looking down at the water, pretty amazing!!
A few more pics can be found at the album here:

So greatful I got to go up to Vermont even if it was just for a day!!
Cheers  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment