Thursday, February 9, 2012

What Happens In Vegas ... Day 3

Day 3 was another early morning of competition. This time it was for Zac our level 5.


He started on vault where he posted a 14.7, he was able to hold onto position for the entire meet and tied for 3rd on the event!!

Later that night would be the elite Winter Cup competition so we didn't have too much time for sight seeing that day, but trust me we made the most out of it!!
I was excited to finally find a place to get a good cup of coffee, looking back the added caffine may have added to the shenanigans at the canyon . . . :)
Originally we had wanted to go to the Grand Canyon but we ended up not having time so instead we found out about the Red Rock Canyon and took a trip out there instead


We had fun at the visitors center taking pictures and it was a big open space so the boys could get out some of their energy!!
^^  I love this one . . .  :)  ^^
Now, what you have to understand about these next few pictures of the canyon is that they were taken while developing a new sport: Extreme Photography
Not kidding!! Don't believe me? Ask anyone who was in the van with me!!
You have to imagine a van zig-zagging through a winding canyon and me in the middle row of seats jumping back and forth from one side of the vehicle to the other trying to get a shot of . . .  well just about everything!! I was found hanging out the window, laying upside down on the center console, occasionally laying across Kev when he got in the way :)  I have to admit it was a lot of fun!!




After our adventures in the canyon we headed back over to the arena for the Winter Cup!!
I've wanted to go to this meet for years, and being an Olympic year makes it even more exciting!!

 Love shooting high bar!!


Yin Alvarez cracks me up!! It's almost more fun to watch him while his athletes are competing then to watch the routine. Don't think that's possible? Check out this next series of shots, Yin is on the left jumping around while one of his athletes, Edward Mesa, is on P-Bars:







Haha :)

 Ok so this one wasn't the best of shots I just thought it was cool I happened to shoot at that milisecond when he turned around his double front, half on vault (such a crazy vault)

Well that was winter cup!! John Orozco won the all around (he's another guy on my Olympic Dream Team)
One more full day in Vegas including the the level 6 meet and shark reef coming soon!!

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment